INform is a good partner for affordable custom medical solutions.
INform is recognized as a trusted company which excels in designing and developing embedded systems and firmware for the medical devices, consumer electronics and hardware in general. We develop embedded middle-ware, rich applications, and interactive GUIs for consumer electronics, computer peripherals, medical products, etc. Our Custom Software & Hardware division comprises of a talented team of embedded software and hardware engineers who are competent in a wide range of programming tools, microprocessors, and real-time operating systems. INform executes turnkey embedded software development projects for new products, and provides discrete services for the existing ones. Our embedded product lifecycle services include:
- New product development: feasibility study, architecture, modelling, embedded systems design, embedded systems software engineering, release management, and feature-driven development.
- New product adaptation: re-engineering of embedded software and embedded systems, new technology adaptation, performance and reliability improvement, and porting to multiple platforms.
- Product sustenance: lifecycle enhancements, defect tracking and fixing, feature enhancements, regression testing, and maintenance releases.
- Testing and verification: test plan design, test automation and scripting, compatibility and interoperability, compliance testing, and regression testing.
Our engineers are especially skilled in producing power-optimized devices, which have a very long battery lifetime, as one of the requirements for heart-monitoring devices. Our devices use microcontroller units (MCUs) from the ARM family, but we also have experience with NXP/Freescale MCUs, TI’s range of DSP devices, as well as PIC and Atmel line of MCUs. The devices which we design have wireless capabilities, including Bluetooth, ANT+ and GPRS (2G and 3G connectivity) as well as TTM monitoring over standard (POTS) phone lines. We also specialize in PC applications that configure and communicate with Holters, and PC applications that perform complicated analysis of Holter data and interpretation of various electrophysiological signals, especially ECG.
Since the devices we develop have a critical application, we are guided by the most rigorous standards enforced by the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
See more on our regulatory-compliance-page
Examples of our Medical Work
6-year project, 2010-2016
- Miniature heart monitor with Bluetooth for transfer of ECG via an iOS and Android mobile app, with optimized battery consumption, suitable for long-term monitoring of up to 14 days.
- Desktop software for communicating with the heart monitor via USB and drawing recorded ECG.
- iOS and Android mobile app for communicating with the heart monitor via Bluetooth, configuring the heart monitor, notifying the patient of a problem with the electrodes or the heart monitor, and transferring of ECG data from the heart monitor to the cloud.
- Standard heart monitor with a GSM module for real-time remote monitoring of ECG, with battery capacity up to 48 hours.
- Cloud web app for connecting to the heart monitor, live ECG streaming, and querying recorded ECG.
IntriCon Fitting System
Desktop software for fitting a digital hearing-aid to the specific needs of the patient.