Custom Software & Hardware
Our technology solutions save lives, make government more efficient, help musicians find their sound and more.
INform is your best partner for affordable custom embedded systems engineering.
INform executes turnkey embedded software development projects for new products, and provides discrete services for the existing ones. Our embedded product lifecycle services include:
- New product development: feasibility study, architecture, modelling, embedded systems design, embedded systems software engineering, release management, and feature-driven development.
- New product adaptation: re-engineering of embedded software and embedded systems, new technology adaptation, performance and reliability improvement, and porting to multiple platforms.
- Product sustenance: lifecycle enhancements, defect tracking and fixing, feature enhancements, regression testing, and maintenance releases.
- Testing and verification: test plan design, test automation and scripting, compatibility and interoperability, compliance testing, and regression testing.
Our engineers are especially skilled in producing power-optimized devices, which have a very long battery lifetime, as one of the requirements for heart-monitoring devices. Our devices use microcontroller units (MCUs) from the ARM family, but we also have experience with NXP/Freescale MCUs, TI’s range of DSP devices, as well as PIC and Atmel line of MCUs. The devices which we design have wireless capabilities, including Bluetooth, ANT+ and GPRS (2G and 3G connectivity) as well as TTM monitoring over standard (POTS) phone lines. We also specialize in PC applications that configure and communicate with Holters, and PC applications that perform complicated analysis of Holter data and interpretation of various electrophysiological signals, especially ECG.
- MCU families: ARM, ST, Microchip, Atmel, Freescale/NXP/Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments (TI) Digital Signal Processing (DSP) devices
- Operating systems: Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), commercial, open-source and no-OS (bare metal)
- Bluetooth: Classic and Low Energy (BLE)
- USB protocols: 1.1, 2.0
- Serial protocols: I2C, SPI, SDIO, ModBus, 3-Wire, One wire bus, RS232, RS422, RS485
- Network protocols: UDP, TCP/IP
- GSM: Telit
- Custom radio interfaces
- Software IDEs: IAR Embedded Workbench, Kinetis Design Studio, TI CodeComposer Studio, Rowley Associates CrossWorks for ARM, Arduino Studio, Eclipse, MATLAB
- Hardware schematic and PCB design IDEs: Cadsoft EAGLE, P-Cad, Altium Designer
- Other software tools: Makefile, CMake, RVCT
- Languages:C++, C, Assembler (PIC, ARM, x86), VHDL
- Electronics: analog, digital, and mixed signal
- Open-source hardware: Arduino
- Version control: Git, Subversion (SVN), CVS
- IDEs: Qt Creator, Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET, Eclipse
- Frameworks: Qt, Hybernate, Spring
- Libraries: Boost, MFC, Win API, CppUnit
- Languages: C++, Java, C#, Perl, Python, Pascal, Delphi, Tcl, QML
- Static & dynamic analysis tools: Valgrind, Clang analyzers and sanitizers, Lint, Coverity, Test Real Time
- Other software tools: JPA, Synergy
- Frameworks: Qt
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Access, SQLite
- Server OS: CentOS
The team I worked with at INform were extremely talented and hardworking. They are ready to go above and beyond to meet their client’s expectations.— Nidhi Panday, Project Manager, IntriCon